Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Opthamologist

August 2011

After my appointment with Dr. M, I found out that my grandmother has sicca sydrome, so I made an appointment to see the recommended opthamologist to be tested as I was instructed. I explained to the woman who was asking me questions about my eyes that I was asked to go there by my rheumatologist to be checked for sicca syndrome. I received a full eye exam and had my eyes dilated for the first time in my life (which was not a wonderful experience). The doctor told me that my eyes looked fine and if I was going to be starting any medications with my rheumatologist that I would have to go back on a regular basis to have my eyes monitored as some of the medications may have very negative effects on the eyes. The doctor assured me that he would send over my exam results to Dr. M, gave me some silly sunglasses to wear to help with the sensitivity from the dilating, and I was all set to go.

Though I was hoping that maybe I would find some reasoning behind all my contact troubles, I was glad to hear that my eyes were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment